TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am getting the following Error: the device does not

Customer Question
I am getting the...

I am getting the following Error: the device does not support the current audio codec.. I just purchased and installed a sony Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player BDP-S6700 that the Pandora uses to go through my TV

Technician's Assistant: What is your Sony connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

The blue ray is connected to the TV (Visio) I will check the cables

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

I works fine from my computer but I want to listen to it through the TV -- better speakers.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Cables are tight....super slow between songs. Not sure I want to pay $26.00 up front if the problem can not be solved

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/24/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

As an initial step, please go into the sony setup menu and locate the Software Update (firmware update) option to check for and install the latest version, then let me know if the audio error still continues.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.