TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am stuck on one channel, can’t do anything else, remote…

Customer Question
I am stuck on...

I am stuck on one channel, can’t do anything else, remote will turn tv on and off and adjust volume, but that’s all

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Hdmi

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Who is your channel provider? comcast or directv or time warner or...

Comcast

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but another expert may be.
In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

How many tv's do you have that use a comcast tv box?

Ok

5
You there?

You can try resetting the comcast box that is used with this tv by unplugging the power cord for the box for 2 minutes. Let me know what happens.

Already did that

Then you'll need to unplug ALL five of the comcast tv boxes, then ONLY plug in the MAIN tv box, let it come all the way up, then start plugging in each of the other 4 boxes.

Ok, will try that, will take a little while

Ok

Ok, all unplugged, started problem TV, that’s back and has the same issue, the other boxes unplugged
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 6 months ago

Is the problem tv the MAIN comcast tv box? Do you know which one is the MAIN box?

Not sure, this is the master bedroom tv, all others were fine, the living room might be the main, how would I know ?

You'll need to contact Comcast since you were not instructed which comcast tv box is the MAIN/Master box.

The router is next to the living room box, and how would that help my solve my problem?

I never mentioned the router.... There is a Master Tv Box (not router) that needs to be reset FIRST. If you don't know which one is the master - contact comcast.

Yup

ok