TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Picture too large, cuts off picture. Philips 4K ultra HD,

Customer Question
Picture too large, cuts...

Picture too large, cuts off picture

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Philips 4K ultra HD, brand new, 2 weeks

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 4K? What happened right before this?

Someone accidentally slept on remote, now picture too big. Can’t change it with remote. How do you reset to factory settings

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/23/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

No, nothing changed

Who is your cable provider? What's the model number of your cable box? Additionally what's the model number off the back of your TV?

You also didn't mention WHICH of those buttons I outlined above your cable remote actually had. If you want to solve this please provide as much detail as possible to help me- to help you.

TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.