TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I need instructions on how what button do I push on the

Customer Question
I need instructions on...

I need instructions on how what button do I push on the Sharp Aquos TV remote control to cable TV. My cable TV remote died and I was trying to use the Sharp remote to change channels when something happened and everything went black/white fuzzy. I am not getting any audio either.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Aquos connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No it's direct to the wall outlet.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

I unplugged the Tv but not for 1-2 minutes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Are you using a Cable "Box" with your TV, and whom is your cable provider (Comcast, Charter, etc.)?

verizon

Okay, here's the thing- you can't use the TV remote to change channels on a Verizon Cable box. The TV remote only works to change channels through it's own built in tuner (which is not in use when a Cable Box is being used). In fact the only remote that will work with a Verizon box- is a Verizon remote. Since they rent the cable box and remote out to you monthly- you need to contact them to have a new remote sent for the model box you have.

You have snow when you use the channel buttons on the Sharp remote because you're actually changing the TV's Input to the TV's built in tuner (which is not in use since you have a cable box). So the only solution here is to get a replacement cable remote from your cable company. They will replace their remote for free since it broke and you're renting it from them.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

cancel my request. I was notified by my bank that your company is fraudulently. The charges will be reversed.

I have nothing to do with that. You would handle your own refund using the site help pages. I'm a user of the site not a billing agent.

TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.