TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I connect my 32" RCA Tv to a Directv box. Brand new.

Customer Question
How do I connect...

How do I connect my 32" RCA Tv to a Directv box.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Brand new. RLDED3258A-E

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu works. Do not know if other inputs work or not. Do not know where to plug Directv in. Prompt on TV reads "No Signal"

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's about it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/23/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello

Hi

Do you have a HDMI cable handy ?

OK then if not already done connect it into HDMI 1 at the rear then the other end into the lone HDMI output

Now make sure the direct tv box is on and press SOURCE on the tv`s remote and select HDMI 1

That should be it

lone HDMI output of the direct tv box

Let me know how that goes and PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE my answer positively (use the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you

Nothing is working. Am returning tv

There could be a problem with it then or try a new hdmi cable

At least now you know you did this right

Hope this help and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
And note this post will stay open to further conversation if needed.

By the way , where did you buy this RCA ?