TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv has dark spot. Sony 55 inch about 6 yrs old. Tv guide…

Customer Question
Tv has dark spot ...

Tv has dark spot

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sony 55 inch about 6 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes Tv guide works and same problem on all sources/inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?

A while we get colors on screen making it impossible to view

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Can it be repaired and would it be cheaper than buying a new set?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you please tell me the complete model number from the back of the tv? It usually starts with XBR or KDL.

Can you tell me also if the dark spot shows over the sony menu screens too?

dark spots do not show over menu
hard to pull from wall to view model number

Okay if not on the menu, where do they show? Cable/satellite, dvd, apps, etc?

on screen
affects picture

I mean what specific content or input are you watching when this happens.

cable

Is there a cable BOX connected?

Does it happen on anything else like dvds or apps like netflix?

cable box connected

Please try to give me as much specific detail as possible.

What, specifically, is this happening on besides cable?

can my tv be repaired?

I cannot properly diagnose this to tel you that without some basic information from you.

I need you to tell me specifically on what sources/inputs/content the dark spots are happening. You've said cable and some other things, but not elaborated on what those are.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.