TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I received a pioneer elite plasma display system PRO

Customer Question
-1130/930 HD, along with the...
I received a pioneer elite plasma display system PRO -1130/930 HD, along with the pioneer elite media receiver PRO - R06U. I'm attempting to connect my Xbox one to the media receive so I can see the picture on the display. I read that you have to activate the hdmi ports (as shown in picture), and gave instructions how to do so. I was able to get through #2, but when I scrolled down to highlight and select HDMI input, it would not allow me to select it, and had a message saying "current settings do not allow selection and adjustment".... so I'm not really sure what to do from here. Also, I am using a Logitech harmony 650 universal remote, and have set my devices up on there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/23/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Do you have the original pioneer remote?

I do not. I bought the item on eBay and he did not send a remote with it. I just asked today if he still had it. He said his wife was sick and he hadn't had time to look. I told him to get back to me when he could. I also know I could probably buy one online somewhere if I have to . But as of right now I'm just using that Logitech universal
I was able to program it to turn on the pioneer receiver and plasma display
it changes the inputs and operates the menus and all that good stuff

When you bring up the input list, do you not see any of the hdmis listed?

It hasn't let me bring up an input list, it just lets me switch between them manually

Do you see an input button on the front of the receiver?

Part of the problem here is using the logitech remote which may not be able to operate (or be programmed for) all the functions of the tv.

There are also some other capability limitations of the pioneer that may prevent it from working with your xbox related to resolution and hdcp.

Louie, Technician