TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

There is a horizontal line splitting the picture a dn

Customer Question
There is a horizontal...

There is a horizontal line splitting the picture a dn offsetting slightly

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is a 55" rca

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I have not tried anything as of yet

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your RCA? What happened right before this?

I just purchased it on black Friday at and have just noticed this line a day ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there any way I can adjust the screen manually I haven't tried that yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/23/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

There are no adjustments or settings that can cure lines on a screen- they're not a normal occurrence (like the days of old tube TV's). They ONLY occur when something is faulty- be it the cable box, an HDMI cable or the TV itself. That said, what do you watch on the TV (cable box, DVD, etc.), and is this line there on ALL sources?

Simply view my reply and send one back to proceed.