TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a new Samsung 6290 43 inch flatscreen ultra high

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new Samsung 6290 43 inch flatscreen ultra high definition television. I have a Samsung sound baralos. I put on the close captions. However, the close captions left a trail of words. The last four words 19 for the current temperature from several days ago will not leave the screen. I've turned the TV off. I've turned it to Netflix and come backto broadcast television and the words are still there. I've change stations. How do I get them to disappear?

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

No they are not on the screen during Netflix but when I return to broadcast tv they are still yhere

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

It doesn't matter which station I have on the words are still there

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The new style remote will not toggle to the next station

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 month ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

This sounds like this was left on the weather channel and the closed caption would have nothing to do with that

What you have now are screen burns and although using the captions continuously may mark the screen , it will not be clear letters or numbers ; just fuzzy lines where the captions appear , this 19 was from a fixed screen/picture and although there are softwares out there that claim to remove those , i`ve never seen one that actually works , only time will make it go away and depending on how severe it is it may take more than a month but it will gradually go away , just don`t leave the tv on that channel again for an extended period

Some models do have screen savers and pixel shift features that help or prevent that sort on thing

Too late now for what you have but perhaps you could prevent future screen burns

I would need the tv`s full model number to check that , that number should start with UN.........

You said this was a 43" so that would start with UN43......

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician