TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

You hit the on button and it makes a clicking sound 2 to 3…

Customer Question
You hit the on...

You hit the on button and it makes a clicking sound 2 to 3 times but never turns on?

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

If I remember correctly there was a recall a few years back on that exact problem and Samsung paid to have someone come out and fix it, it's the same problem?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

I don't have the Model # here, and it is connected to a direct TV genie

Model number is ***** key info to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose, model number would be written on back cover or side panel of TV

Thanks

I'm not at home and don't have access. will have to check back at another time.

No problem, please take your time and reply back here with the info requested to continue

Thanks

Louie, Technician