TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 55 in Smart TV will not connect to internet, could it be…

Customer Question
My 55 in Smart...

My 55 in Smart TV will not connect to internet, could it be a bad wifi chip ?

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

I 've had to tec people from verizon and Spectrum neither were able to connect it to the wifi, the TV is 2 or 3 years old 55in Smart TV could it be a bad wifi chip ?

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

I have 2 other TV both with Fire sticks and all computers have no problem connecting to my wifi, this is a resent problem, it was working on all Netflick, Hulu and U tube

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the TV Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want to get this Smart TV working with wifi TV

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

I’m away from home now, will contact you
Tomorrow with requested info

No problem, please take your time, we can continue it at later time

Samsung Smart TV Model # UN55HV6840F
55 Inch No internet connection

Thanks for the info.

Does the TV show your wifi modem/ router name in available network list when running network setup in TV menu?

It’s not a router problem It’s is a bad WiFi
Chip in the Samsung that need replacing
What you cost for home replacement ?

I'm afraid we do not provide home service and provide technical advice only over the internet.

Thanks