TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a two inch band on the left hand side of the TV.

Customer Question
I have a two...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung 55" Class Curved 4K 2160P Smart LED TV UN55MU6490 December 1, 2017

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It does it on Netflix and regular TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UN55MU6490? What happened right before this?

Just now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/22/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Is it multicolor lines band and is it on somewhere on the left side of the screen?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

It is multicolored on the left side of screen. It appears on all. And I only have the tv plug into the cable box.

Thanks for the info, multicolor lines band problem is always related to display panel/ the screen that will need to be replaced, I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?