TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Remote is not working. Batteries are good. It just says

Customer Question
Remote is not working...

Remote is not working. Batteries are good

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

It just says SHARP

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

I cant access any unless I use the funtions ON the TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I am also trying to connect a universal remote from a Sony BDV-N5200W to my TV

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/22/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 8 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Sharp Aquos: LC-70LE650M
For that, the remote is not working at all, the batteries are fresh and it was working a couple days ago.Then ontop of that, I am trying to connect a universal remote from a Sony BVD-N5200W to co trol the TV, and that isnt working either.
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago

Hi

Not sure about that universal remote but i can have you test the sharp remote and find you a new one if it turns out to be defective

How do I test the TV remote

Do you happen to have a cell phone camera , a tablet a digital camera etc. , any camera that has a display or screen to test the remote ?

You need a camera that has a digital display in order to test teh remote , do you have that ?

I`ll explain

I have a phone camera...thats it
the purple light from the remote is flashing

Never mind the purple light it means nothing ,here is how to test your remote and note that it may work better in a darkened room ;
Turn on the camera and point the front of the remote at the camera lens ,then while looking at the remote through the screen press buttons on the remote.
If the remote is working, you should see light coming out the front of it while looking at it through the camera screen.
If you see nothing coming out and are not sure if you did the test correctly then try it with a known working remote.

The purple light is the light you are talking about. Pressed a few buttons and it works

No its not what i`m talking about

The IR light comes out the front and is not visible except with a camera , that purple light is just a visual indicator , it does not control the tv , the IR (infrared) light is

When I look at the indicator without a camera and press a button I do not see any light, but when I look at it through the camera the light is a purple blinking light....I am confident that the purple blinking light that I see through the camera is the infared... its not flashing any other color except purpleWhat color am I looking for...cause I only see purple through the camera

OK then i thought you were talking about a light at the top of the remote light some remote do

In that case you are looking at a defective remote sensor that usually cost less than $20

Let me check

There you go ,you can get this sensor at this link for $10 ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-duntkg015fm03-ir-remote-sensor.htm

Once the back cover removed it will be string at you , just one screw and a plug

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have a tv this size repaired at home could cost you up to $200 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

Let me know if you have any questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .