TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The remote won't change the volume on the Samsung large

Customer Question
The remote won't change...

The remote won't change the volume on the Samsung large screen TV. Works for turning the set on/off and changing the channel. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Samsung TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

I believe so. Its a unit attached to a wall and no has had access to the cables behind the set.

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

I don't know. Cant see them. It was top of the line setup when installed roughly 4 years ago. The other TVs that are part of the overall installation are working fine.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/22/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off the back of the Samsung?

Is this the original remote you're referring to?

Also, is there ANY sound on the TV at all right now?

Please elaborate with details so we can sort this.

Can't see back of TV. 60" Samsung. 4 years old. Sound on TV works but have to go to back of TV where control button is located to adjust. The remote is original.
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 8 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Aric had to step out

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

hello

Hi

You are saying you can change the volume at the tv itself but not on the remote ?

Is there anything on that remote that operates the tv ?

Menu for example ?

Again, the remote works to turn tv on/off and change channels .... just not to change volume

That is rather odd and we are talking about the tv`s own remote here ?

You are saying that this remote can change channels which tells me that you have a cable box or satellite and you are using that remote , not the tv`s own remote

I'm talking about the control 4 remote. Yes we have a cable box but are using the control 4 remote, which also connects to Apple TV.

This is the first mention i`ve seen here about a control 4

Sorry but i`m opting out as well ,

I started by clicking on a link re control 4 problems that led me here. Given your response, I'm opting out.
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.