TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 4k samsung tv. Watching GOT. And the picture in…

Customer Question
I have a 4k...

I have a 4k samsung tv. Watching GOT. And the picture in dark screens has a blue tint to the background

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

Un55mu8000. Half a year old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu works. Does it for only bluray movies. 4k movies seem to be fine. And gaming in 4k is fine.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Just noticed the most watching GOT. It hasnt been an issue for that long.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just if its fixable with the tv menu?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/22/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

It only happens on multiple Blurays?

Its only really noticeable on Game Of Thrones during the really dark scenes.
All the scenes have a blue tint.
I have tried other blurays. The Dark Knight kinda does it to.
It seems like it should have more of a white tint to the picture then a blue tint.

I can see the screenshots of the blue tint but it sounds like you are talking about one or two scenes from an entire movie and it only happens on Blu-rays so it is a small subset of a subset.