TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Speakers all of a sudden are distorted, like they are under…

Customer Question
Speakers all of a...

Speakers all of a sudden are distorted, like they are under water or in a barrow. vol goes up and down so does noise. when muted distorsion is muted also. At the same time my closed captioning is on but not working. samsung 46 led

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Samsung TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes doubled chyeck

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Hdmi

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Have new cables, everything was just working the other day. sounds as if speakers might have blown maybe but do not see how, not played loud or turned up and down

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/22/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Are you referring to the built-in speakers on your TV, or some other speaker system?

What is the model number of your TV?

Un46c6500, yea the internal speakers
Have you checked the settings in the Sound menu?