TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung rear projector comes on then shuts off replaced bomb…

Customer Question
Samsung rear projector...

Samsung rear projector comes on then shuts off replaced bomb not problem when on color is nice

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

Hls6187wx/xaa

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv doesn't stay on long enough to get to it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

I've replace bomb before thought it went out again so I replaced it wasn't the problem two weeks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Makes little sound when coming on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/22/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me where you purchased the replacement lamp? How much did you pay for it?

California electronic in stockton cal

When was it replaced?

How much did you pay for it?

Cash they got the fist one to
This week

I am asking how much you paid for it.

$25? $150?

109.00

Okay, I am asking because people often unknowingly purchase the lower cost generic lamps. Some disreputable sellers will also sell the cheap lamps for a higher price.

Those lamps are very poor quality, and often only last a few weeks at best, ***** ***** also damage the tv in the process.

Does the lamp say Philips or Osram on it?

Philips

Okay it is a genuine lamp then, which is a good start,

but, that also means this is much more likely a tv hardware issue.

Did the old lamp do the exact same thing?
How long does it stay on for before shutting off?

it did 30 seconds and all three lights blink on front of tv

Are the 3 lights blinking together? Alternating?

All together

Okay that actually is an indication of a bad lamp.

There are other possible underlying causes, but a bad lamp is the primary fault detected by the tvs diagnostic system.

As a next step I'd recommend returning the current lamp to the store where it was purchased and ask them to return/exchange it for you. Then get back to me at that point and let me know how it works or what lights show on the front.

Ok I will do that thank how do I get you back

Just bookmark/favorite this page to follow up with me here when you are able

Thank you it took a couple of days

Okay

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.