TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

It xame unplugged and now once i plugged it in and hit the…

Customer Question
It xame unplugged and...

It xame unplugged and now once i plugged it in and hit the power button it will not turn on. I jave unplugged it from the tv and the wall and a blue light comes and then goes off. Help please

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes i unplugged it from the power strip

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont have the original remote. I kust hjave tje direct tv remote

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
12/22/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Do you have a model number for that TV (back of the set)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
E320-a0

Thank you. Right now are there ANY signs of life on the TV (power light, etc.)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Okay this indicates in many cases that the Mainboard in the TV has locked up- or in some cases, failed due to being unplugged (while it's not normal, it can be a catalyst).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What do i need to do

Read my post above- can you see it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello are you still there

CAN YOU SEE MY POSTS?

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry, Customer Service