TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony bravia TV model # 55EX621 it has a red light…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony bravia TV model # 55EX621 it has a red light flashing which is two flash intervals. The TV won't come on what should I do

Technician's Assistant: Is your Bravia connected to a surge protector or power strip?

It was then I unplugged it

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

I have done that I could do it again , on the first and second try it still continued to flash that red light

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Its currently plugged directly in the out let wall

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/22/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

I am Mike
No please text me online

You've unplugged the tv POWER cord for at least 3 minutes and it still blinks red when you plug it in/press power?

I have unplluged it 3 times now and it's still flashes a red light twice on intervals

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs will be around $350 so you can decide if it is worth repairing given the prices of new tvs.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.