TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I messed up. cable remote works but doesnt work with sound…

Customer Question
I messed up. cable...

I messed up. cable remote works but doesnt work with sound so i pushed the button on the side and changed the settings a small square on the upper right hand conner. now cant get picture at all HELP

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

YES. its the settings on the tube

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Hdmi

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/21/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 8 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

hello

Hi

You should be able to regain the sound and clear whatever else you may have now simply by rebooting the cable box

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for it to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Let me know how that goes and PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE my answer positively (use the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you

it is rebooting. the box in the upper right hand corner say 9.1
9.1 WFTVAB

Souunds like your tv is in tv mode on channel 9.1

Press the INPUT or SOURCE button on the remote to get back to HDMI

MY GRANDDAUGHTER LOST THE REMOTE

which button you press on the side you said , was it on the tv ?

Look on the tv for a button called input and press it repeatedly

I WAS LOOKING FOR THE VOLUME BUTTON SINCE I DONT HAVE A REMOTE

OK then you just put the tv in tv mode and your cable box should be on HDMI input look for that INPUT button on the tv ?

What brand name is ***** ***** do you have the model number written on the back cover ?

i was able to get it to hdmi but its still not on. cable rebooted too. not signal or picture

Well is it on HDMI and if so which one ??

If you`re not sure look at the back of the tv , i was suggesting HDMI but i don`t know that

hdmi no pix yet model number has too many numbers

Which hdmi ?

Are you on the correct hdmi ?

Too many numbers ??

I dont want the serial i want the model

what also changed was the square box on the upper right. 9.1 is that right it says: model LED 22VF50/318J
hdmi 1

It says HDMI1 where it is connected ?

what do you mean
connected?

At the back of the tv there what does it say next to where it is connected ?

Is it HDMI 1 ??

The tv is set to HDMI 1 input ?

That hdmi cable is still firmly connected at both ends ?

OK then the cable box is turned on , that hdmi cable connected correctly at both ends and the tv set to hdmi 1 input ?

On the right side of the tv now when you press the top button (SOURCE) , what does it say on the screen ?

HDMI 1

And you get no signal on the screen ??

Earlier you were just missing the sound , which should be back now by the way

Check your hdmi cable PLEASE

which one is it. it says no signal no picture and no sound

How do you mean which one is it , there is only one hdmi cable yes and it is connected into hdmi1 on the tv ??

At the back of the box there will be only one hdmi output as well check that it did not pull out from the back of the box

is it those three wires in the back? Yellow is in CVBS white is in L red is in R

Thats not HDMI then its composite

Set your tv`s source to video or component !

SET THE SOURCE TO CVBS

checked. the HDMI 1 IS IN THE PROPER PORT

Sorry but i give up , you are talking about color coded cables and HDMI , i have no idea any longer about your setup and i will repost your question

standby

INPUT SORCE IS TV AV YPBPR HDMI 1 HDMI 2 VGA AND STORAGE
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.