TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Sharp portable TV shows a blue screen with the term Componet…

Customer Question
Sharp portable TV shows...

Sharp portable TV shows a blue screen with the term Componet showing. No picture.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Sharp TV?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/21/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

What do you have connected to the portable please?

Nothing except the power.

What I mean is how are you getting TV services?is it via the sets antenna?or an exterior antenna?

Cable service

Is it cable straight to the set?or via a box?if its via a box what INPUT is it using on the set?

A box. What do you mean by input?

Look on the back of the set,the box will be connected by a lead or leads where these leads enter the set they are labelled for example HDMI or COMPONENT or COMPOSITE if you do not know then let me know what type of leads they are

One is Cable input. The other is To TV.

OK please do this re-boot both the TV and the box by disconnecting both from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again let me know if there is any change

No change.

OK I will now need to know for sure what leads are going from the box to the TV what do they look like please?are they red\green\blue so three leads in all with 2 for the sound?or yellow\white\red?or hdmi?

Or is there just a lead going into the antenna socket?

Just a lead to the antenna socket.

OK

What you need to do is get the TV out of component mode,the set is in the wrong mode,so you need to pick up the TV remote and look for the INPUT button keep cycling this button (press once very second) until you choose the TV option,this is the antenna option (box is coming in on antenna)

Nothing changed.

I will need the model number please of the set found on the back of the set so I can tell you what to do

Do you need help with this please??

Is the set now working?

The set is not working. The exchange was useless. Disgusted!
I need the model number found on the back of the set so I can tell you how to get the set out of the mode its in?why won't you do that?
Louie, Technician