TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just signed up for netfliks and don't know how to access…

Customer Question
I just signed up...

I just signed up for netfliks and don't know how to access it on my tv. Help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung Series 6 610 630 model number LN46D830M3FXZA

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LN46D830M3FXZA? What happened right before this?

I just signed up last night. I don't know.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just how do I connect to net flicks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/21/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately the short answer here is that you cannot.

This is simply a matter of the tvs limited abilities. This is not a smart tv, it is just a basic model tv, though it does have a "dlna" networking feature, that really is only for the purpose of viewing photos from a computer on the tv screen. This tv has no ability to connect to the internet and thus it cannot directly access netflix or similar apps.

That doesn't mean that you cannot use these services, you just can't do it with the tv alone. What you'd need to do is purchase an external streaming device, such as a a roku or fire tv, which will give you access to netflix and hundreds of other apps, for minimal expense compared to buying a new smart tv.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.