TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung A3 mobile phone connected to the Vodafone…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung A3 mobile phone connected to the Vodafone network though pre-pay. I do not use my phone for email, internet etc. On my plan I had carried forward quite a bit of data. In the last week or so the phone has suddenly chewed up all of the carried forward data and is now chewing through my current data. I have spoken to Vodafone and they say it will not be their problem. If their is a problem it will be my device at fault. I have been turning of the data but it still seems to be using data. Last nigh I made sure that the data was turned of at about 2130. This morning I turned it on at about 0700 and saw 17 MG of data had been used between turning it off and turning it back on. This morning Vodafone confirmed that a small amount of data was used around 0300 while the data was turned off. Does this make any sense to you

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your phone?

This is the second part of the problem. I don't really understand all of this technology. Where do I find the Wi-Fi list

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

I have a computer but but I;m not sure what you refer to as the router. However recently I had fibre installed and they set up a new modem. That maybe about the time that I started using the extra data

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I think that is all the information I can give you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/22/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do. I would like to try to understand why I am suddenly using so much data. I have my phoone for 12 months and have always carried data over. This month I have used all of the carried over data as well as most of my currenmt data
Your page will not accept my phone number because I have an extra diget.(###) ###-####7337

Unfortunately, data usage should be something that your carrier can view and see what is being used.

Vodafone have told me they cannot help. If it is a problem it is a device problem. I find it very frustrating trying to get assistance with problems. It is almost as though everybody wants to sell new and not fix things. In the meantime I seem to have stopped usiing my data by turning off "location". I am not saying I have fixedf the problem but at least the "leaking" of data appears to have stopped

Unfortunately, this is an extremely difficult issue that requires having access to your account and phone in order to see what is going on with data usage.

I thought that you would need to have my phone in your hand to see what was going on. In the meantime I'm satisfied that I have been able to stop the "leakage" of data thank you.

You're welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

It would be unfair for me to rate the experts services. In the end he did nothing to help me. He may of been able to help if I had needed to take the matter further. I don't believe that I have fixed the problem. I have only found a way around it

OK