TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am having problems with the sound cutting out and the

Customer Question
I am having problems...

I am having problems with the sound cutting out and the captions no longer work.

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device has sound issues?

Sony TV channeled thru Direct TV

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Sony TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Captions have always worked up until recently when they suddenly stopped

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

hello
Hello

Hi

I`ll start by saying that the captions come from the direct tv box so if you cannot bring them back then that box has a problem and i would not be surprised the sound problem is related to that as well

You do know how to tun on the caption yes ?

And they are no longer working , is that it ?

HDMI Cables

Yes , did you see what i typed above ?

Do you have another one of those box in the house ?

If you cannot turn on the captions then something went wrong with that box

Try to reboot it by pulling out its power cord 30 secs

Note that it may take a couple of minutes for it to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

If you still can`t get the captions then have that box replaced , it is defective

Let me know how that goes and PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE my answer positively (use the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you

Got anything ?