TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The screen message is scrambled channels or weak signal. the…

Customer Question
The screen message is...

The screen message is scrambled channels or weak signal. the remote has become inoperable. if I unplug the TV and plug it back in, it comes on goes to channel one and then the error message.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's less than a year old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing is working. this is a smart tv.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

This happened last night. My wife was watching TV and then the screen apparently went blank and the error message popped up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's about it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/21/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted. Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off. Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure. Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input. Let me know what happens.
Will do. Will be back shortly
None of your suggestions worked.
you were able to follow all of them? If so that's bad news. We need much more info from you to figure out what has failed. What is the model number off of the back of the TV? Are you using a cane box? How is that box connected to the TV?
This is a 2017 Samsung 2520D smart tv. When I plug in the TV it comes on automatically, goes to Ch. one and then the error message comes up. I've switched out the coaxle cable, tried two other Samsung remotes and nothing. I am in an apartment building, so all I have to do is connect the coaxle cable. All of the other TVs are working properly.

Okay the TV turning on by itself when plugged in completely changes things- this is a fault in the Mainboard and requires repairs made to the set. So I'm assuming the TV is less than a year old, yes?

You would need to contact Samsung for warranty repairs unfortunately, there are no pushbutton fixes for this since you're not even using a cable box (and you said my suggestions didn't work- but you were not able to do them because you don't even HAVE a a cable box- which also changes things). All of these factors conclude mainboard failure. You can contact Samsung at the number below:

1-800-SAMSUNG

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Thank you. Contacting Samsung was my next step.
You're welcome and best of luck! Do you need further assistance with this?