TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I connected my DVD player,and used the source button to

Customer Question
I connected my DVD...

I connected my DVD player,and used the source button to select component. the dvd plays but its picture is in black and white. whats wrong?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Phillips, its about 12 years old

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Philips media player?

Just tried to rearrange the component in/AV in adapter. when i do this, the on screen note says no component found

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/21/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;

What type of cables are you using , red/white/yellow for example ?
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover and perhaps the dvd player model as well ?

iam using the red/white/yellow cables. TV model#UN55MU6300FXZA, DVD player, model#DVD624/177(Phillips)

OK then and when you open the tv`s source/input beside the component select can you see anything about AV or video in the input list ?

thats not help thats too much, whats the $5 dollars for ?

Is that a portable dvd player ?

I`m not finished here by the way

What do you mean " whats the $5 dollars for ? " , did you think this was free ??

no thank you . have a great day

Goodbye then

Louie, Technician