TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV hand controller has stopped working properly. I

Customer Question
My TV hand controller...

My TV hand controller has stopped working properly. I changed the batteries, but no luck.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is an old Zenith unit.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works. Sound control and mute are the problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It is possible water may have been spilled on the controller.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/21/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 6 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please