TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Can you setup a 2 year old 4 inchwith a comcast remote?

Customer Question
Can you setup a...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung 2.5 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I'm a disabled marine and I lost the Samsung remote. I want to give my 49 inch to my daughter.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

How much does it cost and how long Will it take to replace a Samsung remote if the TV cannot be set up with a comcast remote i tried to do that several times. I get a plain blank screen when I complete my end

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
I've packed the 2.5 year old 49"
How much does it cost and how long will it take to get a new Samsung remote versus Setting it up was a Comcast remote if that's easier
12/21/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 8 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

It will start with UN49..... for a 49 " model

I can't without getting neighbors. I'm confined to a wheel chair from my service

The Comcast remote could be programmed for it but only for power and volume and the method of programming varies depending on the remote

I can you you their remote and tell me which one you have ?

By the way the original should cost less than $20

Also , I`m ready to accept your phone request but first i want to make sure you understand that this cost an extra $26
Do you still want that call or do you wish to continue in chat mode ?
That offer was sent automated by the website by the way , NOT ME

no thanks on the call. i do have one more question; where is the fastest way to get the new remote?

I could give you a couple of links once you have that model number

Here is possibly the best one ; http://remotebarn.us/

Here is another one ; http://www.newremotecontrol.com/index.htm

Just enter your model number and either of them should have it

Now about that phone request , I can close it down but I need you to ask me to do so

No thanks on phone call. I am not satisfied with the answers. I don’t want you to charge me per your guarantee.

What is there not to be satisfied , you want a remote and I gave you all the options

Wrong! You should’ve told to go to a store that sells Samsung TVs. Wrong! You should’ve told me remote replacement costs for the Samsung remote. Wrong! You should’ve told that's yours were “all” the options!
I’ll contact my credit card issuer to tell them of your company fraud and NO charges are authorized!

Stores that sell samsung tv do not sell separate remotes , then i told you above quote " By the way the original should cost less than $20 " and finally i don`t understand your last statement , if i had other options i would said so

PS. I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. , use this number 1.***-***-****