TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a LG TV that measures 35" side to side and probably…

Customer Question
I have a LG...

I have a LG TV that measures 35" side to side and probably 38" diagonally.

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

Sorry for the delay, I had to go look. Begot the TV from a son for Christmas 2 years ago. The model number is ***** My problem is that since we installed FIOS the picture is too wide for the screen. Printed messages ( like weather reports) go beyond the width of the screen. People are also wider than normal. Please help me set it right.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu comes up with TV, Settings, Help. I have not been able to find how to set the alarms for the TV either.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 39LN5300? What happened right before this?

This has been an issue for about three weeks. The TV seemed to work fine before that and the other LG 42" TV is still working fine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

NO, Screen size and how to set the alarm to wake us are the two issues. I am trying to use the FIOS controller. I still have the LG controller.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
12/20/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this and sorry for the delay by the way , just came online myself

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

I am online so pleas go ahead with the answer.

Give me a minute to type this down please

First there are 2 ways of doing this , first look on the tv`s remote at the top for the ratio button , press it a few time to go through the various formats and tell me if one does the trick f not then we`ll try with the verizon/fios remote

Look on the cable box remote for a button called ASPECT , often has a star or a # on it press that repeatedly to go through the different aspect ratio`s

Between your tv`s FORMAT button and fios ASPECT you should be able to get the correct aspect ratio

Let me know how that goes and PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE my answer positively (use the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician