TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a 55" smart tv. Great reception ( Spectrum Cable),

Customer Question
Hi. We have a...

Hi. We have a 55" smart tv. Great reception ( Spectrum Cable), and today the audio is not working. We know it is not the cable. Upstairs identical tv is fine, So what could it be?

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes, I believe they are. The mute and volume both show levels going up or down, but no sound.

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

This is a little unclear to me. The cable box is Samsung, and the cables all appear to be black. How else can I check that?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I did reboot the tv cable system just in case that would help, but no change.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

You said " We know it is not the cable. Upstairs identical tv is fine "

I`m sure its not the cable but it could very well be the cable box , as a matter of fact it is quite common

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for it to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Let me know how that goes and PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE my answer positively (use the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you