TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Cant connect wifi. Xfinity prepaid

Customer Question
Cant connect wifi Technician's...

Cant connect wifi

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

Xfinity prepaid

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/20/2017
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

ok
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask a few questions to resolve this issue as quick as possible.

Let me make sure I understood your question correctly. Your internet service is provided by xfinity but you cannot connect to wifi on any of your devices, am I correct?

just my Vizio DTV
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Thank you for that information. So the other devices are connecting just fine with the wifi, am I right?

there is a wifi icon but the lock icon is locked
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

When you click and connect to your wifi on the TV, does it ask you for a password?

I enter the password ***** tells me try again
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know whether it gives you any specific error messages like "Can't connect","Unable to connect","Incorrect password","Authentication problem"?

unable to connect
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know since when you are facing this issue? And could you help me with the approximate distance from the router to the TV?

on the side
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

May I know what is the exact make and model of your router?

Arris TG862
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Thank you for that information. have you tried a reset on the TV?

TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Are you sure that the password ***** you type is correct? Do you use a personalized password ***** the password ***** came with the router?