TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung 50" UN50EA5000FXZA tv that when turned on…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung 50" UN50EA5000FXZA tv that when turned on the red light on front went out and the screen stayed black and no sound. I took off the back and saw the power supply board, main board and T-con boards and figured one of them had to be bad so ordered and replaced all three and no change. I notice that the white lights inside the back were flickering. I ordered new backlight strips and replaced them and put the tv back together and now when plugged in the red light flashes and the chimes play and you can see inside from the back that the backlights are now on but yet you have no picture or sound. Now I'm lost at what to try next or just get rid of the 4 year old tv and eat the $180 I invested in parts.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your UN50EA5000FXZA?

No right now I just have it plugged into an RCA cable.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/21/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

I'm sorry it's taken so long for someone to respond to your request. I wasn't here yesterday and I am helping clear up some of the questions. This time of the year there are a lot of questions about new and older TVs. I'm really sorry it's taken almost 24 hours.

When we troubleshoot TVs and provide a board that could be replaced, it's usually one of those 3. Since you've replaced all 3, I am really impressed that you were able to knock that out for us. A lot of people aren't as willing to replace them. But, I've looked up the TV and after replacing those 3 boards, there's not much else to replace that wouldn't cost more than just getting a new TV. I hate that the TV is only 4 years old and you've already invested almost $200 more dollars to fix it. The issue could be something in the screen which has no DIY fix. If you have any blink patterns that I missed in your notes, let me know as we can troubleshoot some more. I'd be willing to work with you on this issue but honestly, you've done the three boards I would have had you replace and I would have went over the potential for them to not work after replacement compared to the cost of getting another TV.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. Have a great rest of your day!

But again, if you have more questions or blink codes, feel free to let me know. Great job on the replacement parts!

ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service