TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Just took tv out of the box plugged in cable box turned on…

Customer Question
Just took tv out...

Just took tv out of the box plugged in cable box turned on the tv nothing but colored spider web for picture

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Just hdmi cable

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/20/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer
What is the brand and model of the tv?
Can you see the tv menus?
Vizio D24H nothing can be viewed except for the colored spider web. Set is brand new just out of the box
is this a vizio warranty issue?

Thank you for the info, and my apologies for missing you earlier.

this would not be a warranty issue necessarily,

based on your description the lcd panel (screen) is actually physically damaged/cracked. Vizio quality in general is very poor so they do come right from the factory with a bad screen sometimes, but it was more likely damaged in shipping. Your best option here for a day old set is to contact the retailer and ask them to exchange it for a new one for you. Vizio typically wouldn't cover the issue as they will blame you for dropping or otherwise damaging it, and even if they did cover it it can take weeks or months to get a response from them. Your best bet is working directly with the store where you bought it. If at all possible, I'd highly recommend choosing another model as well if they will let you, to get something from a better quality brand that will last much longer, the cost difference will be minimal and well worth it in the long run. I can recommend some other options for you, if you'd like.

My apologies for the news,

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.