TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

NANTHAN I HAVE 4K SMART TV I PURCHADED 12 6 2017 CAN I GET…

Customer Question
HI ***** HAVE...

HI ***** HAVE PHILLIPS 4K SMART TV I PURCHADED 12 6 2017 CAN I GET AMAZON PRIME APP.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Prime?

NOT SURE

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Prime?

TO WATCH MOVIES ON COMPUTER DOESNT HAVE AAZON PRIME ON TV

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately Philips TV's do not support the Amazon Prime app (Amazon and the TV manufacturer need to contract together for Prime to be an option on the TV), so there is no way to directly download Prime onto the set (the entire Philips brand is not supported). So an external device such as the Roku or the Amazon Firestick (recommended) would need to be used. The Firestick will connect to one of the TV's HDMI ports, and then you will run through the Amazon on screen setup to connect the device to the network and then be able to view Prime content on your TV. The Firestick can be purchase from Best Buy for $35 at the link below (price just dropped from $40):

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-fire-tv-stick-with-alexa-voice-remote-black/5477500.p?skuId=5477500

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

is that a one time purchase

Yes it is.

I use them on my Sharp and LG sets that don't support the Prime app as well and it works very well.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

what is phone# customer serv.
Aric, Technician