TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to adjust sharpness but the cursor skips over color…

Customer Question
Trying to adjust sharpness...

Trying to adjust sharpness but the cursor skips over color and sharpness. It will only let me adjust backlight, contrast, and brightness.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Vizio model m320vt

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It skips some settings on audio too

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your M320VT? What happened right before this?

I never tried to adjust it before. I am using it as a flatscreen monitor for a new computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have connected it to the computer via a HDMI cable

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/20/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The computer is the likely issue here, either the tv is detecting that and disabling the sharp function because it isn't applicable to that type of signal,

or it is locked out as part of a picture mode. Try changing the picture mode to another style like Movie or Game and see if you can adjust from there please.

Yeah I tried that. I have it in custom mode. All the other modes don’t allow adjustment
Does it work on any other input like dvd or cable?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.