TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The TV says there's a problem, and I should click on OK to…

Customer Question
The TV says there's...

The TV says there's a problem, and I should click on OK to restart my set top box. The for several minutes "Preparing your channel lieu..." appears. The TV doesn't return to normal. This happened 12 days ago, and a technician had to come to my house. What's going on, and how can we fix it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's an "Indignia" and a about 6 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Neither of my other TVs have this problem. By the way, the TV brand is an "Insignia."

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Insignia? What happened right before this?

The first incident happened on Dec. 5. The technician came the next day. Nothing of not happened before the issue, either then or now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The message that appears is, "Sorry, we're having some trouble. We've run into a problem that may be fixed by restarting your set-top box. Please wait a few minutes then press OK to restart. If the problem persists, please visit xfinity.com/errors for more information. RESTART RDK 03005

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/20/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The "Something's not quite right" message is generated by the Xfinity box- meaning the issue is with Comcast or their equipment. The only thing on a user level you can try is to unplug the power cord from the back of the Xfinity box for 30 seconds- and then plug it back in to fully reboot the box. Once it comes back up this can sometimes clear the issue. However if it does not, then your next step is to contact your cable provider (Comcast) as they are responsible for that message and may need to either refresh the signal or swap out the cable box.

More on that message and contact for Charter can be found at the link below:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-errorcode-xre-00067

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?