TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic 65" tv i purchased June last year. We…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** have a Panasonic 65" tv i purchased June last year . We bought recently a free standing speaker stereo. We want to connect the tv to speaker . I've got a red white and yellow cord. Will this do instead of the white /red cord?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 65?

June 2016

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu works just i'm going in circles trying to 'tune it in'

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 65? What happened right before this?

No prob with other inputs

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats all thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/20/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

So I can give you correct instructions, can you please reply back with:

1) The BRAND AND MODEL of that speaker?

2) The full model number off of the back of the Panasonic TV?

The TV likely doesn't use red or white or yellow for audio out (no newer sets do), so with that info I can look this all up.

Panasonic june 2016 smart tv TH-65cs610z
Will just find stereo details thanks

The Panasonic uses a "digital audio out" (optical) to connect to sound systems or powered speakers and that is the only audio out on the set. If the Speaker/soundbar you have only uses RCA red and white then you would need a converter to connect it to the TV. I can pull up a link to the converter if you'd like?

Hi Sony home audio bought this week GTK-B60
sorry GTK-XB60

You'll connect an optical cable from the TV to the converter, and then use a set of RCA red and white's from the converter to (you will need a stereo RCA to AUX cable) the Sony speaker.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

many thanks for info i will look at the link now. kind regards Deb

Okay sounds good! Could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

ok one last thing i'm not sure on. The red and white cable connects to stereo in. But what is at other end of that cord and does it plug into the coxial point?

Nothing plugs into coaxial point. I posted above exactly what connects to where. An optical cable plugs into the TV's "digital audio out" and then into the converter. Then RCA red and white from converter to Sony. Let me know if you're still stuck.

Do you need further help?

hi just got it lol thanks

No problem, and you're welcome! Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?