TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Program guide isn't responding is in middle of my picture. I…

Customer Question
Program guide isn't responding...

Program guide isn't responding is in middle of my picture. I don't know how to get it off

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes. I called my cable first. They had me unplug the HDMI cable from cable box and tv but it didn't help

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No but how do I get rid of this box

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
12/19/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 5 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello

Hi

When you say program guide this tells me you have a cable box or satellite receiver , is that correct ?

Not yet. See if you can help this way first
Are you there ?

Yes i`m here

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

You did not say about the cable box but here it is ;

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for it to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Let me know how that goes and PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE my answer positively (use the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you

Program guide isn’t responding is still on my tv. I️t us not a cable issue. Seems to be a tv issue
Are you there

yes i need time between replies

Do you have a cable box PLEASE ???

I have a cable box. I called my cable service but they couldn’t help. They said it’s something in my Sony tv

reboot both the tv and box again

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

The program guide comes from the cable box by the way , can`t see how they can blame your tv !

Anyway try the reboot as i suggested above

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician