TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have Direct TV satellite and when I connect Amazon or

I have Direct TV...

I have Direct TV satellite and when I connect Amazon or netflix the picture starts and stops with a circle

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Vizio M43-C1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your M43-C1? What happened right before this?

Only a few weeks ago was noted

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want to get Amazon and Netlix operating smoothly

12/20/2017
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Thank you. Await your reply very frustrated by this issue so your help
Is welcome

AMazon and Netflix require a faster speed connection than most other apps.

What download speed are you getting on your TV?
You can check it by going to https://www.verizon.com/speedtest/

They say download 1.16 Mbps
And upload 0.16

Ok, that is definitely too slow - you need at least 2Mbps download speed for standard quality and 5Mbps or higher for HD quality on Amazon and Netflix.

That is the reason why they are not operating smoothly, and you are seeing the picture freeze with a spinning circle.

What speed should you be getting in your area?

Is it normally faster?

Have you tried restarting your modem/router?

No idea of speed in my area
Will try with the router and get
Back to you

Ok, let me know how it goes...

Pete, Electronic Engineer
got cut off...tried router but not sure if I did the right thing. I just disconnected and connected both Direct TV
and my Hughes Net and put it back on...Still having same problem of spinning on an Amazon program right now.
How do I get the speed increased
Wrote reply. Tried router. Not sure which is the router. From direct tv or from Hughes net
You said I need 5. How do I get it increased
Confused now...I had 1.16 and you said I need at least 2...How do I make that happen
Please reply
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This was useless service. A rip off. I spent over 2 hours with this guy and nothing happened
Then was cut off and never heard again. I gather you charged me for this waste of time. In the
end got a person at Hughes Net who sorted it all out...Simply did not have enough broadband
for netflix and amazon which was what I said in the beginning. Very annoyed and angry. You should
not charge me anything since you resolved nothing. I am ok now,b ut not due to you people
Pete, Electronic Engineer