TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My TV is not on input, how do you get it on input again. RCA…

Customer Question
My TV is not...

My TV is not on input, how do you get it on input again

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

RCA 20F2447. It an old truflat screen tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No it does not. No problem with the other tvs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 20F2447? What happened right before this?

Since last night. I accidentally tried to turn it instead of the cable remote. Now I can't get it to go to input

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover again ?

This one does not compute

20F424T model#, serial #1296E8J51

how old is this tv ?

15 yrs old and it still works if I could get it on input

On the tv itself , what buttons do you have ?

The new number you gave me works , give me a minute please

Menú , volume, channels, on,off

Do you have the tv`s original remote ?

How is the tv connected to the cable box , is it a single round coax cable into the tv`s antenna input at the rear ?

Coax cables to the tv to the cable box

INPUT is beside the digit 0 on the tv`s remote and if it is a coax cable connected in the tv`s antenna terminal then try either channel 3 or 4

Give that a try

I have done that and it still won't let me

What happens when you press the INPUT button , does it open the input list ?

No

Does that remote work at all on this tv ?

it does

But that function does not work

OK then i need you to take a look at the rear of the tv and tell me exactly what it says where your cables are connected

Is it COMPONENT , AUDIO/VIDEO or ANTENNA ?

Video input

OK then , turn the tv off and on again , what do you see on the screen , is it video, component or a channel number ?

Perhaps the INFO button on the remote might tell you where the tv is set now as well

The only thing that comes up is a blue screen with the number 3 channel

OK then you are in tv mode channel 3

You don`t happen to have a coaxial cable handy do you ?

The same type of short cable that was used to connect a vcr for example

No but I probably find one in a little while. I will try that and see if that works & I will get back with you

If you have one then you could use that to connect your tv to the cable box , your tv is already on channel 3

I mean if the input button does not work on the remote then this would be an option and you wont see a difference in picture quality anyway

Also try pressing harder on that INPUT button , perhaps it has dirt underneath

That coaxial cable will do the trick but if you want me to find you a fully functional remote then let me know

Here is one for $15 ; http://remotebarn.us/catalogsearch/result/?q=20F424T+

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help.

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician