TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Lost cable on both of our tvs. Emerson 5 years old. No menu…

Customer Question
Lost cable on both...

Lost cable on both of our tvs

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Emerson 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No menu yes on all

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Emerson? What happened right before this?

Just started and no

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The screen says "something's not quite right" tried unplugging and same thing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/19/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The "Something's not quite right" message is generated by the Xfinity box- meaning the issue is with Comcast or their equipment. The only thing on a user level you can try is to unplug the power cord from the back of the Xfinity box for 30 seconds- and then plug it back in to fully reboot the box. Once it comes back up this can sometimes clear the issue. However if it does not, then your next step is to contact your cable provider (Comcast) as they are responsible for that message and may need to either refresh the signal or swap out the cable box.

More on that message and contact for Charter can be found at the link below:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-errorcode-xre-00067

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

How do I get a refund of my 5.00?
I want all of my money back!