TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just bought a Samsung 50-inch TV and cannot get it working…

Customer Question
I just bought a Samsung...
I just bought a Samsung 50-inch TV and cannot get it working I have basic cable and that's it
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/19/2017
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 5 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV issue. Can you provide me with the TV model number and cable box model ? Thanks
In a normal case every Cable box has an HDMI output which needs to be connected with an HDMI cable. The other end of the HDMI cable connects then into the Samsung TV. In most cases HDMI 1. Then with your Samsung remote you will have keep pressing the source button until you are on HDMI 1. After that you should have video and sound. Keep me posted.
Do I have to have a cable box or can I just have the basic cable connected
Usually the cable signal goes through a cable box. But you can try to plug the cable into the TV. Then go to channel setup and select cable instead of Air. Then do an automatic channel search. If you don't receive anything, you would have to call your cable provider and get a cable box.
Using your remote control, go to MENU > Broadcasting > Auto Program
That will cause the TV to find all of the channels that your cable company provides that are not encrypted. It will ignore encrypted channels.Unfortunately today most cable companies are encrypting most of their channels and so you may be stuck using their box to get the ones that you want to see. It's frustrating, but cable companies nowadays encrypt to protect themselves.
Here is a very informative link with step by step instructions how to setup basic cable on your Samsung TV.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062508/
Let me know if that worked. Thanks
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your question. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician