TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Picture flashes on and off in about 7 seconds, what does my…

Customer Question
Picture flashes on and...

Picture flashes on and off in about 7 seconds

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

What does my compute have to do with my tv

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Rca older than 10 yrs.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No only this tv and sometimes I reboot the whole system and it helps occasionally

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your RCA? What happened right before this?

2 to 3 yrs but sometimes it goes quite long without an issue

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, we have boxes on two tv s we don't watch very much--bedroom and basement how do we turn off service for these tvs

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/19/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...rca tv..."

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...rca tv..."

Still and almost always, the described symptom would be an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?