TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Can you answer questions on a tv model 20AF44. 2004. 14

Customer Question
Can you answer questions...

Can you answer questions on a tv model 20AF44. 2004

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 20AF44?

14 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No what has happen we only use this at our second home and we just unhooked cable and went to a antenna, but now it will not sc***** *****nels and will show only 3or4 channel like it did with cable.. I went into set up and changed to tv antenna but to no avail

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 20AF44? What happened right before this?

Just now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No like i say its like it wont swich from cable to antenna

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
12/18/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This would indicate a hardware fault in the tvs internal tuner, which would not be at all surprising to see on a tv this age, as it is far past its service life at this point.

This is something that would require repairs to correct, however even if you went to the expense of repairing, which would cost more than a brand new tv would, it still wouldn't be any help. This is because this older tv lacks a digital tuner, it can only pick up analog stations, so it wouldn't be able to get any of the current over the air broadcasts anyway. The best option here, short of replacing the tv, would be to connect an external tuner box (set top box), which you can get for about $30. Here is one I'd recommend: http://amzn.to/2B9NSIm

This will both replace the faulty internal tuner and give you access to the current digital broadcasts.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 month ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Installer