TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Samsung TV is a rear projection Model Code HL85087WX/XAA.

Customer Question
My Samsung TV is...

My Samsung TV is a rear projection Model Code HL85087WX/XAA. it has a 6" access opening and I can reach the lamp. The lamp is shot, can you tell me how to remove and replace the lamp

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

Model code #HL85087WX/XAA purchased in 2006

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV come on for about 15 seconds, then goes off. front panel light that says lamp is lit.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

There was no warning. happened about 5 days ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

How is the lamp removed and replaced?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

You do not seem to be around just now but i will upload pictures and the manual that shows you how to replace the lamp

There will be 2 links below this post , the first one is the first 3 steps (1,2,3) and the second steps 3,4 and 5

You can also see this in the manual here at page 124 and on , click this link for the manual ; http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201105/20110502163402506/20070320141147031_BP68-00588A-06Eng_20110502.pdf

If you need to find a lamp , here is a good supplier

First link is a lamp with a 1 year warranty ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bp96-00677a-dlp-replacement-lamp-with-philips-bulb.htm

And here is 6 months warranty ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bp96-00677a-dlp-replacement-lamp-with-osram-neolux-bulb.htm

Let me know if you have any questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .

Please do not open other posts , I got your answer above