TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have mediacom and purchased a new tv, .......I need the…

Customer Question
I have mediacom and...

I have mediacom and purchased a new tv, .......I need the steps to program the new tv to the small electronic item that is used for mediacom . hope i explained what i need.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Brand LG model #LST4100A

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV works have to manually turn on and off. no i do not have same problem with other TV.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your #LST4100A? What happened right before this?

This is a new TV. I did not have this problem with last tv.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/18/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Do you see a model number on the mediacom receiver/box?

Can you also tell me the model number of the LG tv? What you had sent is a different tuner/box part for the LG.

DO1105GEU1 --receiver #LST-4100A
No i don not want a phone call it is costly. the numbers i sent you is correct.
That is just the receiver. I need to know what TV you have.
This all that I see HDTV Dolby digital LG
Those are all features. I’d need an actual model number to be able to help.
I don;t think you can help me at this time. I have given every # that I see. You have not been of help to me. Please reimburse me on my account. I will have to have mediacom to my house and set it for me.
Thanks

I have no ability to cancel or refund anything. You have paid the full agreed upon fees to the site, which I have no control over, we're all independent techs here.
I can help you, but need complete and specific details to do so.

There is a model number printed right on the back of the tv. A model number example would be 55UJ6300

32LX4DC-UA

Thank you for the info,

the short answer is that this is not likely to work, period.

This is an older model tv and on that is not made for residential use. This is a tv that was built for use in hotels and has many restrictions on how and where it can be used, and requires special programming by a skilled tech. This is not a task for a home user.

The only thing you can TRY, is pressing the Input button on the LG remote to see if you can get to the HDMI (hdmi1) input mode. If you can, then you can plug the mediacom cable box into the tvs hdmi port on the back. If your medicom device does not have that you'd need to contact them and ask them to provide you with a full size cable box that does have hdmi. The smaller boxes are not compatible with these hospitality model tvs.

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

it sucked i will give a (2)

I'm sorry you feel that way. I cannot change the facts of the situation. This is a tv that was designed for use in a hotel, it was not made for home use and does not have the features necessary for use in that situation. Mediacom won't be able to do anything about that either.