TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It suddenly dimmed that completely quit. Zenith Z42PX2D.A.

Customer Question
It suddenly dimmed that...

It suddenly dimmed that completely quit

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Zenith Z42PX2D.A. Not sure hold old. Could be 10 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu doesn't work. just scratchy sound & grainy screen.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Dvd is playing. sound ok, but picture also extremely dim & grainy. barely visible. this all happened last night while watching tv in a matter of seconds.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

magnavox. it's old! now i can barely see something on the tv says shows EZ scan processing

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Magnavox media player?

There is also apple tv that i just tried with same results. is it just time for a new tv?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you! I'm going up for now. thank you for your help.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/18/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

If you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control does the menu come up as normal and is nice and bright?or is it the same as the pic dim?