TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a sony bravia model KDL-52XBR4 and it goes on but it…

Customer Question
I have a sony...

I have a sony bravia model KDL-52XBR4 and it goes on but it turns white like a negative after a while

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

I bought it on 2/112008

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

What do you mean by tv menu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

Well it started about 2 months ago i called sony and they told me to restore it to factory settings they sent me an email how to do it. It will restore it but after it is on for a while the picture shows as a negative>

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The picture is beautiful when it first goes on and then maybe it heats up and turns to a white negative.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/18/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

it still works because i did that already sometimes it works for 2 hours and then it happens and sometimes after 20 minutes it turns whitel

Ok, to clarify, you have done already the exact steps I gave you, is this correct?