TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My vizio will not accept any wife's in mesa AZ. Do I have to…

Customer Question
My vizio will not...

My vizio will not accept any wife's in mesa AZ. Do I have to have a router just to watch tv? I don't want anything else. The other 2 tv's have a direct tv box. One is a Phillips and the other is a Samsung

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

It's new, D24f-F1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No,I tried 3 different Wi-Fi as a guest and it won't accept the passwords, the WiFi just goes round and round.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

How much does this cost?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/18/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

A Wi-Fi only appears, to went to menu and tried 2 different access points. Did not work...
Do I need a router just to watch tv?

No you do not, do you have a cable box there?

Not in this room,the other 2 rooms have a direct tv boxes and this one has a anntena and I bought a government box just in case.

ok, if you connect a Cable box / direct TV box then you do not need internet for the TV's they will get the signal from the box

I choose not to use internet I just nought it to watch tv.....

yes, then if you connect it to a cable box / direct tv ect you do not need to connect it to the internet.

So this is ok

I don't have any other boxes. Can I use the converter box?

You can use a splitter but then you are stuck on the channel the other box is on, what you are best to do is contact your provider and request an additional box

ok,thanks

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Please let my device be disconnected from this service, no questions asked.
Please let my device be disconnected from this device no questions asked.