TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have Panasonic TV TC-P50x3. It lost the channels, I can…

Customer Question
I have Panasonic TV...

I have Panasonic TV TC-P50x3. It lost the channels, I can not watch Dish channels.I was told, I need to do channel scan

Technician's Assistant: How old is your TC-P50X3?

Bought in June 2011

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu works. I did not have problems with HDM1, where my son's play station is connected

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

It is possible, TV was unplugged and plugged back multiple time, due to the power strip problem.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/18/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me exactly where on the back of the tv the dish box is connected, such as hdmi1, hdmi2, component 1, etc?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Hi Nathan,
Your question reached me out of town. Unfortunately, I can not check for the answer right now. All I can tell you: we always choose ANT/ ... on the input menu, to view our Dish channels; and it is channel 3 on our TV.
I spoke with Dish tech support for over an hour. Whatever they suggested: nothing worked, i could see only black and white "blinking snow" picture on the screen. Their conclusion was: i have lost my TV channels. Another important detail: my son's PS3 is connected and being viewed on HDM1; I was able to connect and watch DVD on the play station at HDM1, while having problems with Dish channels.
I should be able to check things behind my TV on 25th or 26th of December.Could we, please get to this issue then? perhaps you get more questions and recommendations for me, based on my additional info.Thank you very much,larissa

Yes, we can certainly pick this up at another time.
What I'd suggest as a first step is not trying to use the coax/ant connection in the first place. Of all the options, that is the lowest quality, so if possible you'd be much better off hooking up a hdmi cable from the dish box to the tv (say on hdmi2) and using it there if you can.

If that doesn't work let me know and we'll go through a few more things.

Thank you Nathan,
I will try to follow your advise, when I am back home.
i just want to mention, that Dish "box" was connected to our TV by DISH tech specialist. I am not sure, i will be able to switch it myself, but I will try.
I will send you next message on 25th or 26th of December.
Larissa

You're welcome, Larissa,

it is a very simple connection assuming the dish box has a hdmi port on the back, it is just plugging a single hdmi cord into the back of the box and the other to the tv.

Thank you

You're welcome.

Hi Nathan,
I followed your advise and connected my Dish device to my TV with HDMI cord, I used HDMI2. However, when i have chosen HDMI2 on my TV, I got the message " No signal from the device"
With this I have to say: I could not disconnect my Dish receiver from TV at the ANT slot. There is another detail: On my Dish receiver the green light of " power" is always on. I press power bottom or try to turn it on and off with remote: it always looks "on"
What would you suggest?
Thank you,
Larissa
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 3 months ago
Are you referring to the ant cord from the dish box to the tv or from the dish box to the wall?
To the TV
There is an intermediate box between Dish receiver, TV and wall
And it all connected with screwed in or built in connections. I could not move those with my hands.

Thanks for confirming,

those you do not need to move at all, they should stay in place as that is how the dish box connects to the actual satellite dish on your roof.

The hdmi connection should work automatically, but it may not be initially be cause of a resolution mismatch, as your tv is only capable of displaying a 720p signal while the box may be outputting a higher level.

Please disconnect the ant connection if you can. Then Try unplugging power to the dish box for 5 minutes, then replug (while the tv stays turned on), give it another 5 minutes to start up, and let me know the results at that point.

I will try to do it
Thank you, Nathan

You are welcome, and good luck!

Louie, Technician